Monday, May 25, 2015

621 Sunset Trail

Door County, Wisconsin is a beautiful place, a peninsula with Green Bay to the west side and Lake Michigan to the east and not much distance in between.  Peninsula State Park is a popular place for camping, biking, hiking and cross country skiing.  On Saturday, the day after my party, I walked along the beautiful Sunset Trail, so grateful for the beautiful scenery, the perfect lighting, and all the blessings of the weekend, reflecting on good friends, beautiful art, and admiration for Mother Nature. 

On Sunday, yesterday, I watched an artist demonstrate his painting technique at the gallery.  He uses inexpensive hardware store brushes and paints with liberation.  Maybe it was my mental return to this scene, or a reckless abandon, or possibly a new-found confidence, but I loved painting this so loose and without intimidation by the oil paints.   My bubble was burst when my husband asked, "What is it?" 

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/621-sunset-trail/387433

1 comment:

  1. This is striking, the blue you chose for the sky and the dark darks pull the composition together successfully - I also like all the different mark making in this.

    ReplyDelete