Sunday, November 8, 2015

719 End of the Season

We visited Door County this weekend for one last time until Spring invites us back with fresh paintings and vivid spring colors.  Many of the shops and restaurants were closed for the season, giving Door county a sleepy town feeling.  The Gallery was hopping on Saturday night for the artist party with a vivid literature theme, including many very creative costumes depicting favorite books.  Fifty Shades of Grey seemed to be a popular theme, with many people wearing a variety of paint chips in the grey scale.  The people there, artists and their guests/spouses were friendly and the air was festive.  It was a magical ending to my freshman year, and I am so looking forward to what is ahead.

This scene is one I look forward to every time we visit Fish Creek.  As you approach the quaint downtown area, you drive down a steep hill and this is the view you see around the bend.  I don't know what the island is in the background, but it is a beautiful scene.  I hope I have done it justice.

"719 End of the Season"
acrylic - 9x12 in

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/719-end-of-the-season/425627

No comments:

Post a Comment