Thursday, November 26, 2015

729 Make a Wish

Although I am enjoying this portrait painting class very much, I am having difficulty getting my subjects to look like they are supposed to look.  I seem to make the children look older than they really are in the photo.  Perhaps I should be an age progression artist.  ha ha.  I am not sure if this is because I know the people I am painting, and if it would be any different if I were less connected to the person.  In any event I am not giving up and will continue to practice.

Perhaps you have noticed that I have not posted with my regular frequency.  I have two tennis elbows and it is really cramping my style.  In addition, these portraits take much longer than my normal daily paintings so I often take two days to complete one.  Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.  I am grateful that you indulge me by receiving my paintings and notes each day.  I really appreciate your comments and encouragement.

"729 Make a Wish"
acrylic - 9x12 in

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/729-make-a-wish/429800

No comments:

Post a Comment