Sunday, March 1, 2015

559 Lake Fanny Hoe, Copper Harbor, Michigan

A friend of mine posted this and other photos of her Upper Peninsula, Michigan vacation spot on her Facebook page.  She is a very skilled photographer and generously gave me permission to paint them.  Her compositions are "painting ready!"  This is the second attempt, the first being covered by this painting.  I will try again tomorrow!

Today was a monumental day, in my humble estimation.  For the first time, I was able to easily switch from a left brain function, quilting, to a right brain activity, painting, and then back again to quilting.  I have always struggled with that---it seems like it has to be one or the other, but not both in one day.

I have had a very complicated quilt consisting of a guestimated 1,000 2 inch squares laid out on my son's bedroom floor for months.  This weekend was the "do or die" weekend to get it off the floor and into my studio to start piecing.  It is a complicated pattern, "Trip Around the World" en pointe and nearly put me in the loony bin.  Sewing all the pieces together will be time consuming, but I am excited about working on it. 

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/559-lake-fanny-hoe-copper-harbor-michigan/337087

No comments:

Post a Comment