Tuesday, March 15, 2016

789 Pretty As a Picture

When you go to a restaurant and the server presents you with your food and it is so beautifully arranged as a piece of artwork, what do you say?  I say, "It's pretty as a picture!" or "Too pretty to eat!"  This painting and "787 Still Sunny" really look so nice together.  I'm happy I took the risk and painted it."

Speaking of risks, yesterday's painting "788 But Tell Me, Where Will the Children Play"  received so many wonderful and compassionate comments via Facebook and private email.  I am very happy.  My intent is to raise awareness of the plight of the refugees in Lebanon and Palestine.   Art is supposed to start a dialogue, and I am happy that this painting gave me an opportunity to do just that.
And big thanks to those who commented.

"789 Pretty As a Picture"
acrylic - 12x12 in

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/789-pretty-as-a-picture/465880

dianecampion.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment