Wednesday, March 2, 2016

786 Signs Galore

This past weekend, I attended a workshop taught by one of my very favorite artists, Tom Nachreiner.  It was held at the Mainstreet Art Center in Lake Zurich, IL and it was a very valuable, yet humbling experience.  At Tom's suggestion, I decided to work with my new friend or foe, (depending on the day) water soluble oil paints.  We were each given the same photo reference and I was not prepared for so much detail---there were at least 13 signs in the original!!!!  Tom started the workshop with a demonstration, and early on, I texted my husband, "I'm in way over my head."  It was really fun to see all the different ways the participants approached the task and a great learning experience.  One day soon I will tackle the second day's photo, a farm scene, which I hope I am more successful at.  I may even repaint this scene with my acrylic paints to see how that turns out. 

"786 Signs Galore"
oil - 12x16 in

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/786-signs-galore/462795

dianecampion.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment