Monday, January 6, 2020

943 Little Man and 944 Dewey




Dewey was my neighbor's dog when we lived in Milwaukee and I really loved him.  I liked to think he loved me too, although he could have cared less about Oliver.   He was a 4 pound bundle of sweetness, personality, and attitude.  His family thought they were getting a Maltese puppy, but then his ears grew, so they called him a Maltewawa.  We always said Dewey had a Little Man complex, because he was not afraid of anything and he determined where he wanted to go for a walk, turning right, left, or back toward home.  He crossed over the Rainbow Bridge in October at 14.5 human years old. Dewey had two human mamas who loved him, and both picked their favorite version of Dewey so I wanted to paint both.   I can't imagine visiting and not seeing his sweet face.  


https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/943-little-man-and-944-dewey/779618

No comments:

Post a Comment