Monday, October 22, 2018

907 Sunshine on a Cloudy Day


I painted this directly from an arrangement in my studio--dahlias and sunflowers in my Jean Wells oak leaf bowl, a favorite.  Sunflowers seem to be lots of people's "happy" flower,  and dahlias, as beautiful as they are, are definitely a challenge to paint in my humble opinion.

Smokey Robinson and Ron White from (Smokey Robinson and) The Miracles co-wrote the song, "My Girl" which was recorded by the Temptations in 1964.  It was written about Smokey's wife, who was also part of the Miracles.  I love the song, and these words are the only title I could come up with.

"907 Sunshine on a Cloudy Day"
acrylic - 12x16 in

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/907-sunshine-on-a-cloudy-day/706416

No comments:

Post a Comment