Monday, June 26, 2017

863 Simple Elegance


Most artists I know paint with emotion while trying to capture with paint and canvas a feeling they had about a certain subject.  I am most relaxed and connected to Mother Nature when I am amidst the trees in any given area, woods or neighborhood.  A recent visit to Mackinac Island brought us to that place for me during our horse drawn carriage ride through most of the island.  This tree caught my eye and I was lucky to get a photograph or two on the move.  

I made this painting with a very limited palette.  No green or brown paint, just three blues, three yellows, two reds, a white and a tiny bit of black to mix that olive green on the left.

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/863-simple-elegance/598443

This painting has sold.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment