Tuesday, April 18, 2017

852 Peek-a-boo


The owl family is moving around a little more now that Baby is somewhat comfortable with leaving "home," mostly because of parental or predator pressure.   He/she prefers to stay close to the trunk of familiar trees, and seems to be more comfortable with keeping Mom or Dad right next to her/him. Having these creatures near has been a great way to observe nature in all its glory and to encourage neighborly friendliness, and everyone seems to enjoy sharing their experiences and observations.

Thanks again to my neighbors,  Steve and Ann Gardiner, for generously sharing their photos with me, along with permission to paint from them.

I have been keeping busy experimenting with abstracts and different media.  Trust me, it is SO much more difficult than it looks.  To me, a good abstract painting is not just slapping paint on a canvas and calling it an abstract, rather, it has all the elements of a good painting,  and it has been a very slow process, but I am really enjoying it.  My #1 critic has given his approval, so I feel I am on the right track, although he doesn't quite understand why I wouldn't want to stick with "my day job."  ho hum.

"852 Peek-a-boo"
acrylic - 8x10 in

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/852-peek-a-boo/575561

No comments:

Post a Comment