Friday, July 15, 2016

810 Super Girl

Loulou, a 17 year old 12th grader looks like any other girl her age, right?   Loulou lives in a refugee camp in Northern Lebanon and she is passionate about soccer.  Last year, ANERA (American Near East Refugee Aid) built a soccer field in the camp so that kids could play safely.  Here is what Loulou had to say, "Now, with the new field, my friends and I have a safe place to play. My teammates call me 'Super Girl' because I'm a fast runner and I'm always urging the team on. I help them learn new tricks. I think this is how we improve and move forward."  Loulou is making the best of her situation and is a leader, and I admire those qualities. 

 "ANERA uses soccer and other sports programming as a tool to cross cultural divides, cultivate gender equality and teach conflict resolution. Their staff works with local sports clubs to organize tournaments and practices with professional coaches."  ANERA improves lives in the Middle East by renovating and rebuilding schools and hospitals, providing warm clothing, blankets,  food and distributing medical supplies.  They do great work!

"810 Super Girl" is the seventh in my series of paintings for "The Innocents Project."  I'm a big fan of ANERA's and am hoping to raise awareness and funds so they can continue their work.  You can read more about their work by going to their web site at www.anera.org.  They are located in Washington, D.C. and if you are so inclined to make a donation, please reference "The Innocents Project."

I have revised the previous six paintings and you can see them by scrolling through my blog, or in my Daily Paintworks gallery, www.dailypaintworks.com/artists/diane-campion-3732 where they have all been updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment