Saturday, October 3, 2015

698 The Rio Grande River at Arroyo Hondo

The day we painted the Rio Grande was the most difficult of days, as it was hot and windy, and as any plein air painter knows, the scene changes quickly and often.  I positioned myself down close to the river and found the gentle sounds of the flowing water so relaxing.  There were a lot of ants and bugs and pollen (ah-CHOO!) and suddenly the wind took several of our easels, paintings, umbrellas crashing to the dirt, or in some cases, down the rocky hill.  The painting then had "texture" and the umbrella was demolished.  Despite all of the above, I enjoyed this day so much and this is my favorite of the eight paintings from New Mexico.

As I have repeatedly said, plein air painting is not for sissies.  And that's the truth.  
"698 The Rio Grande River at Arroyo Hondo"
acrylic - 20x16 in

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/698-the-rio-grande-river-at-arroyo-hondo/417124

No comments:

Post a Comment