Sunday, October 4, 2015

699 Another View From Ghost Ranch

When we visited Ghost Ranch during our recent trip to New Mexico, I completed my first painting and had a few minutes to spare before leaving this beautiful place.  I quickly sketched another mountain scene visible from a quarter turn from The Pedernal, and quickly blocked in colors.  I wanted to completely abstract what I saw, which was so magnificent that I couldn't imagine tackling it realistically.  This is such a style departure for me, but I really enjoyed it---it was very liberating.  I am sure there are more abstractions in my future.  I would love to know what you think!

Here is the photo I took of the visita.

"699 Another View From Ghost Ranch"
acrylic - 9x12 in

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/699-another-view-from-ghost-ranch/417358

No comments:

Post a Comment