Tuesday, November 29, 2016

836. Sticking Together

Today is Giving Tuesday, and it couldn't be a more perfect day to have completed this painting for one of my favorite organizations, ANERA (American Near East Refugee Aid).  ANERA states their request more eloquently than I could ever do:  "Today is #GivingTuesday. Your gift can bring warm clothes to a child living in a tent. Your gift can deliver vital medicine to families living in isolated #Palestinian villages. Your gift can give kids and teens access to basic education, so their dreams don't fade. Please #ShineYourLightand give today."   I assume these two darlings are sisters, and I hope I have communicated that resemblance.  Unfortunately, all they have is each other.  

Recently,  I had an open house/open studio to share my artwork, and front and center were my 10 paintings of portraits of refugee children in Palestine and Lebanon as a part what I am calling The Innocents Project.  People donated to the cause and, in addition,  I am donating a percentage of my sales of artwork to ANERA.  I know that the money will be well spent.  As an artist, I feel an obligation to express myself not only in "pretty paintings" but to communicate my passion for the good of these children, who are innocent victims.

I am so proud of this organization, ANERA.  97 percent of their money goes to satisfying their mission. They do great work.  Please consider a donation to the Innocents Project, my effort to raise awareness and money for ANERA, at www.ANERA.org today or any day.  Thank you for your consideration.

"836. Sticking Together"
acrylic - 12x12 in


http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/836-sticking-together/537185

No comments:

Post a Comment