Thursday, May 19, 2016

Atypical

I visited an architectural salvage store where I was lost in subject matter material.  This piece was inspired by a giant mid-century carved wood panel from Italy.  The shapes intrigued me, as did the various shades and grain of wood (definitely a future painting), but for now, just for fun I wanted to paint it with bright colors.  It was challenging, yet fun to mix so many shades of green, and to adapt some of the shapes to be suitable for a painting.  It reminded me so much of my quilting days, which greatly inspired my early paintings.  I think this painting could be hung in four different directions, although this is my preference.

"Atypical"
acrylic - 12x36 in

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/atypical/479426

dianecampion.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment