Sunday, December 27, 2020

1007 The Kiss of the Sun


 

Happy Holidays to all of you.  During this year's shelter, I managed to get all my shopping and wrapping done early, a first for me.  I had plenty of time to paint and try new things, one example is studying abstracts.  I've collected a huge file on Pinterest.  I wonder if I will ever get confident in this new genre.  

This is the first time I have painted on heavy weight art paper, and I am surprised at how much I enjoyed it.  The surface is much smoother than canvas and it doesn't take up much space.  The painting can be varnished and mounted on a cradled board, or framed in a standard 14 x 11" frame.  A friend just sent me pictures of artwork framed in IKEA frames, which was surprisingly beautiful.

The weather here in Chicago has been very cold---no snow, but cold.  A friend in California sent me some nasturtium, sunflower, and hollyhock seeds and that got me dreaming of being back in the gardens.  I never tire of painting flowers.  

I wish you all a very healthy and happy new year.  All it takes is just one slip up, and boom, you're exposed to covid.  May 2021 be filled with optimism and and peace.

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1007-the-kiss-of-the-sun/852204


No comments:

Post a Comment