Friday, December 18, 2020

1006. Without a Care in the World


 

Our days are grey, yet mild here in Chicago,  but we are entering the abyss of winter.  I love warm weather and even all the promise of spring and summer when we start to see life emerge in our gardens.  I am happy that I was able to paint this bright happy picture---so full of optimism for the future.  The title explains so many parts of my life---the time when I am painting and certainly, the time when I am gardening, when I am with my family.  

If you follow my journey, you know that I am most comfortable painting what I see.  I don't see any flowers in my garden right now, so this was a long stretch for me.  In today's art world, mark-making seems to be of immense focus, and I have trouble with that, wanting more to express myself with my paint and brush rather than scribbles.  I guess I'll catch on with practice.  

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1006--without-a-care-in-the-world/850850


No comments:

Post a Comment