Thursday, October 20, 2016

Open Sesame


This painting has been in the making for quite some time.  I selected the keys, many of which were antique monastery keys, and enjoyed arranging them carefully so as not to look contrived, yet still balanced enough for a good composition.  I'm crazy about painting old things with texture/rust/patina, as well as collections of items, so this was really fun for me. The hardest part of this painting was the background, which I know sounds silly, followed by coming up with a title.  In the process, I found a quote by Pablo Picasso, that I like:   "Action is the foundational key to success"  ---which applies to just about everything, including painting, doesn't it?

"Open Sesame"
acrylic - 36x36 in

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/open-sesame/519251

No comments:

Post a Comment