Sunday, October 9, 2016

In Wine There is Truth (In vino veritas)

I loved these antique hand blown wine jugs, but was really wondering if I could handle painting the complexity of the subject.  I went into it thinking it would be a good learning experience and as it turns out, I loved every minute of the experience.

Finding the right title was a challenge.  "Antique Hand Blown Wine Jugs" just didn't do it for me, so I did a little research.  The title in English and Latin, is one of many common proverbs about wine in everyday language in Italy, wine being an important element.  Basically it means "wine makes people tell the truth."

"In Wine There is Truth (In vino veritas)"
acrylic - 30x24 in

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/in-wine-there-is-truth-in-vino-veritas-/517104

dianecampion.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment