Saturday, June 27, 2015

647 The End of the Day

"644 Late Afternoon at the Harbor" was a mini version of this scene, 6 x 6" painted earlier in the week.  Many people really liked it, but I'll tell you now that I absolutely hate that painting, and it nearly ended up in the trash.  After all the time I spend on it,  I decided that I should post it anyway because not every day's painting turns out the way I want.  There is always something to be learned from the experience, and from that experience, I learned that for this artist, those big scenes require a bigger format.  This is the same scene, but is 20 x 16" and I am much happier with it.

"647 The End of the Day"
acrylic - 20x16 in

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/647-the-end-of-the-day/394917


No comments:

Post a Comment