Wednesday, June 10, 2015

633 A Painting of Eve, The Mother of All Living, a Sculpture


      The sculpture.  Isn't it beautiful?                                                                           

If you've visited the Edgewood Orchard Galleries in Fish Creek, Door County, Wisconsin, you would know of their beautiful sculpture gardens, paths speckled with impressive sculptures.  This sculpture is one of my favorites, called "Eve, The Mother of All Living" by Carl Vanderheyden.  It is beautifully patinaed and captivating.  I never thought I could/would paint it, but I'm glad I gave it a try today.  I needed a success (in my own eyes) after failing miserably with the sailboat paintings.

On that note, I spent some time at the lakefront today, a beautiful warm day with a cool breeze, perfect for sailing, I imagine.  As expected, there were many sailboats on the Lake and I snapped quite a few pictures.  Who knows if that will have made any difference in my next attempt.  I don't easily give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment