Tuesday, June 3, 2014

377 Empty Nest With Feather

Today was an absolutely glorious day.  I blew off all my other responsibilities and sat on the patio and painted for most of the day with Oliver by my side.  The breeze, other than disturbing my still life, was lovely.

I am so happy that, once again, the beautiful song birds are populating our neighborhood.  For the last couple of years, we had sharp shinned hawks across the street from us.  (Wish I had a feather or two.)  Although it was fascinating to watch them pluck fresh twigs from trees to make the nest, and even more fun to see the fledglings fly for the first time, I was sad to see the the songbird population dwindle significantly.  An advantage to having hawk neighbors was that they took care of the rabbits too.
No such luck this year.

Here is a link to Daily Paintworks and to purchase:  http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/377-empty-nest-with-feather/235497
   

No comments:

Post a Comment