Saturday, September 21, 2024

1250. Untitled





This painting is about the war in Gaza.  I've sat with it for many, many days, staring at my computer screen to try to come up with two things---  one, a title; and two, courage to post.  I have never entered politics or world events to my social media, but the "situation" in Gaza is always on my mind, and disturbingly so.  There are no words that adequately describe the cruelty of this war, hence "untitled."  

Art is a wonderful vehicle for expression.  This pain and emotion has to go somewhere or else it destroys, so I'm attempting to get it out with paint.  I hope you will respect that.

(Can't decide which orientation I like better.)

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1250--untitled/1140088

 

No comments:

Post a Comment