Friday, September 6, 2024

1249. Through It All

 


The last four months have been very challenging for our family, filled with great worry and grief.  Through it all, this painting sat in my studio in a frozen state while I paused my painting practice, there for me to analyze what it needed to become--- something I could be happy with and proud of.  So many times I came close to painting over it.  Now that we are on our way and much improved,  it was time to finally devote energy to finish it..  

It started out as a very different painting with an abundance of apricot and peach colored roses, but it soon evolved into a still life of cheerfully colored flowers like those I have grown and nurtured in my rooftop garden.  It reminds me that nurturing my family and myself through the last few months has brought me to now---the time to bloom and get on with life. 

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1249-through-it-all/1137999 

No comments:

Post a Comment