Friday, September 30, 2022

1182. Before the Storm


 Hurricane Ian has destroyed so much of Florida, a place we love to visit, especially during the winter months.  I love the beaches with their beautiful sand and gentle sprays of sea water.  The photos of Ian's destruction are staggering.  So much is lost and will never be replaced.  I feel so bad for those people who have lost their homes and all their possessions, but thankfully most are still alive, and sadly some are not.  I am so grateful that my family members are all safe, but some without electricity and safe water, and thankfully, with no damage.

We had two back to back 100-year rainfalls when we lived in Wisconsin.  It was devastating and so much work to clean up.  My husband lost his car in one flood, and we lost everything basement level, and I know of folks who lost much more than that.  To this day, during a heavy rainfall, I cringe with the thought, even though we live in another house in another city in another state.  

www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1182--before-the-storm/1023366

No comments:

Post a Comment