Friday, September 23, 2022

1180. Respite



 I took a big step this week by painting over the painting below which was supposed to be titled "June July August" because that's how long I had worked on it.  When it slid well into September, that's when I said "ENOUGH!"  I was so sick of it by then and was happy to paint something that feels more like "me."  In the class I am taking, the new lesson was about subtle contrast, which I love, and the concept of first look/second look.  First look is supposed to grab you, second look is what keeps you close to observe all the little details and subtle contrast you would not see from across a room.  I love subtle contrast, or in my mind moody, dreamy paintings.  I even added a few subtle references to my quilting days.  See if you can find them.

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1180-respite/1022125

No comments:

Post a Comment