Friday, May 13, 2022

Tomorrow's Another Day


This is what I accomplished today and yesterday.  Yep.  3 "paintings" covered with black gesso to block out the 3 underlying disasters--- one still life and two abstracts.

I think it's important for you to know that not every day is rosy in an artist's studio.  It's frustrating, maddening, and can be crippling.  Those nasty voices tell you that you are stupid to think you can accomplish such a lofty goal.  Or the "Who do you think you are?"  Or "No one cares about any of this."  This isn't just me, folks.  It's a common feeling among many artists, or so I've been told.  I've heard it over and over again and fight those demons every day (not to get too dramatic).  My new art (s)hero is helping a lot to dispel these little voices and to encourage "fun," so don't worry.  There is a light at the end of this tunnel.

My BFF posted this little ditty today on Facebook.  It is indeed the truth.

"Never regret a day in your life: good days give happiness, bad days give experience, worst days give lessons, and best days give memories." author unknown.

Yes, tomorrow is truly another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment