Friday, April 15, 2022

1147. Ode to Wordle


 What a week.  I've learned so much with this painting to take forward.  I learned that letters in a painting such as the ones at the top left are no easy feat to achieve.  All but one letter were made with printer's blocks or hand painted.  I learned that going from a small format to a large format is not easy.  Many things don't look appropriate in scale when you size up.  I learned that the technique of sanding back does not work as well on a stretched canvas as it will on a hard surface.  And I learned that men are quite curious about seeing a woman in the power tool aisle. Nothing more to say about that.

Now about Wordle. I'll be honest that I can't get enough of it.  Every morning I work on Wordle, the daily Quordle (4 puzzles at once), and then sometimes I work on practice Quordles later in the day.  I take keeping my mind sharp very seriously, and heck, it feels good to solve the puzzles.

I got my Covid booster this week, and the day after was no picnic in the park.  I get the feeling that there's another uptick here in Chicago, so I am taking every precaution.

Till next time, have a meaningful holiday, whatever you celebrate.  

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1147--ode-to-wordle/992430

No comments:

Post a Comment