Friday, April 22, 2022

1050 This, That and the Other Thing


 I finished two paintings this week. My first painting, 1149 An Old Fashioned Girl (pink and red) didn't sit right with me, even after a couple days after posted on my social media. The stenciled part was too contrived and it bugged me. So today I fixed it by eliminating it. I'm still not crazy about the painting, but I'm moving on for now. I'm sure there will be another adjustment, but for now I'm setting it aside. Lesson learned: working on only one abstract painting at a time breeds obsession and fussiness. Posting pics of both.

Second painting is 1150 This, That or the Other Thing, really fun to make. I've had the idea in my head for awhile had to get it out of my system. I was going for a tone on tone and what I think surfaced is remnants of my work in various disciplines: quilting, calligraphy, stencilling.

It's pouring rain today here in Chicago, but tomorrow we are expecting 82 degrees. Time to get out in the garden. Happy painting and enjoy the weekend, All.

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1050-this-that-and-the-other-thing/993633




No comments:

Post a Comment