Thursday, March 17, 2022

1138. Pray For Peace

 




Hello Friends,
As you know, I just recently completed an online workshop with Judy Woods in which abstract painting/mixed media/collage were the focus.  I enjoyed it very much and decided to continue on my own.  This piece came together quite quickly, and I am happy with the results.  I had planned on naming it "The Sea Around Us" which was an except from the piece of collage paper used.  But then I found the old postage stamp with the words "Pray For Peace" which is so timely right now.

The cost of the stamp was 4 cents, (and I just discovered we don't even have the "cents" symbol on our keyboards anymore), and though the photo states 1960 Providence R.I. , I don't know if that is the year of the drawing on the stamp or the year the stamp was issued.  Either way, the 1960's brought many reasons for people to pray for peace:  Cold War (1947-1991, Vietnam War (1955-1975), Indo-Pakistani War ((1965), Arab-Israeli "conflict" (early 20th century - present) and including the Six Day War  between Israel, Jordan, Syria and Egypt.  (1967).

Please pray for peace and the Ukranian people.

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1138-pray-for-peace/986581


No comments:

Post a Comment