Thursday, December 30, 2021

1122 Good Cheer and Success (for 2022)


 Every year without fail, a friend sends me a poinsettia plant as gratitude for many years of  help in his classroom, when I'm the one who is grateful for the experience and his friendship.

Did you know that the Poinsettia is December's birth flower?   I recently learned that the poinsettia was introduced to the United States in 1825 by the first Ambassador to Mexico, Joel Roberts Poinsett also an amateur botanist.  Interestingly, the red "petals" we think of as part of the flower are really just the leaves.  The actual flowers are the little yellow things that look like buds or seeds in the middle.  

The poinsettia symbolizes good cheer and success, and that is what I am wishing you, along with good health, happiness, and a clear mind.  I am grateful to you for following my art journey and being a supporter in my progress.

Happy New Year.  

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1122--good-cheer-and-success-for-2022-/966752

No comments:

Post a Comment