Wednesday, December 8, 2021

1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116

 

An 11 x 14"  mat purchased at Michaels has an opening to fit these paintings, 9.5" x 7.5".







For intuitive painting, it was recommended that I tape up multiple papers in a grouping, and work on them collectively as a body of work.  I learned that this helps to avoid obsessing or giving too much attention to an individual painting.  Gestures are made over the entire collection of papers, in this case six, some with eyes closed, so that a line or a splash extends from one paper to the next, creating cohesion in the paintings.  I did thoughtfully obsess about each painting at a certain point, and I know that sounds silly, in other words, I could have been more daring.

In these paintings, I used ink, acrylic paint, my rust solution, and hand painted papers for the small amount of collage.  I'm still not comfortable with the collage part, but will keep trying.

One final, but important note.  It is not easy for me and I know for certain, many other artists to put our work out in the universe, especially the learning experiences like these.  It is very scary to expose your work,  not knowing how people will respond to it.  The goal is to not CARE about the response, to enjoy the process, but that is very difficult.  I post these not because I think they are wonderful, but because it is important to show that it takes courage to be vulnerable, and requires a certain amount of confidence.  I hope people appreciate that.  

Your feedback is appreciated.
https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1111-1112-1113-1114-1115-1116/960443

No comments:

Post a Comment