Monday, January 4, 2021

1011 Copy Cat


 

I am taking an online painting class with artist, Trisha Adams, whose work I've admired for many years.  What I really like about her impressionistic paintings is the freshness and the punch she packs with her color choices.  She definitely has no fear of color and she uses it to her advantage to tell her story.  

The first painting assignment after her enlightening demonstration and lectures was to paint her painting of Sunny Bouquet, paying attention to focal point, the color of the light, the color of the shadow, sharp vs. soft edges and lost edges.  I know that copying the Masters' work is a great educational tool, and this was no exception.  I learned a lot, and I'm happy with the result.  Now on to the next assignment.

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1011-copy-cat/853685

No comments:

Post a Comment