Sunday, January 3, 2021

1010 Note To Self


 Perhaps you recognize this vase as being from Farmgirl Flowers, and if so, you are correct!  A family member brought a gorgeous arrangement in this vase made entirely from grocery store flowers.  It was exquisite.  I especially like the way tulips cascade over the edge, and my husband's gift of these purple tulips  demanded this vessel.

Maybe you are curious about the title?  I started this painting yesterday and it was mostly complete except for background (which always gives me a problem).  When I resumed today, not only had the darn tulips grown several inches in different configurations, but the colors changed dramatically, becoming more on the red violet side rather than yesterday's purple.  I must remember to complete tulip paintings in one sitting or else.....

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1010-note-to-self/853412

No comments:

Post a Comment