Saturday, August 13, 2022

1169. In Due Time


 My class with Louise Fletcher has just ended and I am filled with joy.  During the eight weeks, I have completely submerged myself in all things abstract.  The class was different from anything I'd ever taken before, focusing NOT on method, but figuring out what kind of art I want to make, and then figuring out how to do it, all with the aim of enjoying the process.  The end result was more confidence which helps build a painting I can be proud of.  Louise's premise is that if my art makes me happy, it will make other people happy too--certainly not everyone, but if I'm making art that doesn't make me happy, it will not be authentic, and the viewer will know it.  I've decided to continue on with her follow up class because I have more to learn from Louise and the wonderful coaches.  

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1169-in-due-time/1014555

No comments:

Post a Comment