Wednesday, September 22, 2021

1085 Memories of Mamie


 I have always had a special fondness for gladiolas because they remind me of my Aunt Mamie, who had a great influence on me.  I always say that she was Martha Stewart before Martha Stewart.  Her creative talents were immense, and so were her domestic abilities.  Aunt Mamie had gorgeous gardens, including an entire plot of glads and another large garden full of award winning roses, where every day my job was to distribute the coffee grounds.  There was never a time when there was not a formal floral arrangement in the house, and all were beautiful.  When the fruit trees were laden, we would make jam on impulse.  For these and so many other reasons, I feel very fortunate to have grown up with her influence, and that I have inherited some of her creative genes.

Day 22 of the Strada Easel September challenge

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1085-memories-of-mamie/931174

No comments:

Post a Comment