Tuesday, May 4, 2021

1041 Tete-`a- Tete


 This was a fun little painting to make, mostly from my recollection.  The tete-a tete daffodils grow two or three flowers per stem, and are only about 6 -8" tall.  One of my neighbors had a clump of these sweet little daffodils in an unlikely place--along the curb at the base of a tree and not very visible.  I couldn't cut them for a still life, so I just added them in my imagination to my tea cup.  

In case you are wondering, the phrase tete-a-tete as a noun means "a private conversation between two people:"  as a verb, "a private conversation between two people," ("a tete-a-tete meal"): and as an adverb "between two people in private"  ("his business was conducted tête-à-tête").

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1041-tete-%60a--tete/884286

No comments:

Post a Comment