Wednesday, October 28, 2020

1000. Cause For Celebration




On April 8, 2013, I began the journey to Daily Paintworks.  It took me ALL DAY to set up and paint a small painting, photograph it,  write the blog post, post to my blog, then Daily Paintworks, then Facebook.  I was exhausted at the end of the day.  I woke up the next morning to see that it had sold, and I was shocked and  delighted.  My Daily Paintworks shero was and still is Lisa Daria  Kennedy  https://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/lisa-daria-46, who inspired me with her commitment to paint something small every day.  As of today, Lisa has of pained a simple little vase of flowers for 2,954 days, never having missed a day.  Amazing.  She was so generous with her time and encouragement prior to me taking the plunge.  

It is obvious I missed a few days here and there,  and at a certain point, the little paintings were piling up and I felt that my time was better spent painting larger paintings.  For a long time, I did not number the larger ones, but then at some point decided to take advantage of DPW's venue.  I have enjoyed this time so much---not only posting, but being in the company of so many fine artists, experienced and novices alike.  I have met so many wonderful people, some who have become friends across the miles.  It is so nice to be part of a community, even if it is online.  

DPW has given me the opportunity to try new subjects and experiment with techniques  I have learned from other artists by studying their work.  I would highly recommend this practice to anyone who would like to grow with their art.  Here is a picture of my first painting, Hello, It's Nice to Meet You.


P.S.  Yes, the teacups were balanced like this without tape or any other stabilizer.  I only broke one other cup during the process.  (big smile)


https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/1000--cause-for-celebration/838646

No comments:

Post a Comment