Friday, June 12, 2020

975 Unexpected Moment of Joy



This is another painting that began as a black paint splat.  I never know how it will turn out, but in this case, I knew it was going to be a basket.

During the shelter in place during the pandemic, life is very simple.  But still there have been many little moments that brought me such joy that may not have been noticed otherwise.  Just today, I was surveying my front yard, looking up into the trees to observe the birds, who have been feasting on my snap peas in my rooftop garden.    I noticed that wrens had finally--- after two years--- taken residency in my beautiful handmade birdhouse.  It made me so happy.  Just a very small thing.  That's all it takes.

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/975-unexpected-moment-of-joy/808555

No comments:

Post a Comment