Friday, May 29, 2020

973 Was It Something I Said?



I love tulips almost as much as I love my Jean Wells Smaglik vases and bowls.  If you follow my work, you may recall the blue and white oak leaf bowl or the morning glory bowl in many of my still lifes, which has been a favorite.  Jean is a Milwaukee potter and I love her method of scraping away the negative image of the design, called sgraffito.  Jean customized this bowl for me and it is the first time I've painted it.  It has three different color schemes---the bowl is divided in thirds, employing blue, red or black leaves depending on which way you turn it.  Here is a link to her website:  https://www.jeansclaystudio.com/  Not only is Jean a talented artist, she is one of the nicest people I've met, and she does so much for her community.  I love that about her.

Back to tulips.  I love them but they confuse the heck out of me.  They actually GROW once you put them in the vase.  Some drape over beautifully the way this artist hopes, or they stand at attention like soldiers.  I wish I knew how to predict what they are thinking.

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/diane-campion/973-was-it-something-i-said/805708

No comments:

Post a Comment