Tuesday, August 26, 2014

442 Scallions, a Spaniard and a Leek

Produce from last week's farm box posed an interesting challenge for me---such limited  colors and so many greens and "whites."  After several days away from painting, I was very loose, which surprised me.

I was in the Detroit area visiting family, and took the opportunity to visit with fellow "daily painter," Dave Capalungan.  Dave was my "neighbor" on Daily Paintworks until a new artist moved in the neighborhood.  I love Dave's work, which is exceptionally more beautiful seeing it in person.  I was honored and delighted to receive his gift of one of his paintings, and purchased another I have had my eye on.  I learn a lot from Dave, as he is always willing to share ideas.  Here is a picture of us in front of his stunning orchid painting and the gift I received from him. 




No comments:

Post a Comment